Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

The Eleventh Floor

 The Eleventh Floor

Kylie Orr



Reviewed by Helen


I loved Kylie Orr’s debut book and have been eagerly awaiting her next one and wow I was pulled into this dark, gripping and compelling story, a story that I think should be told, it takes in the life of a young mother in a very happy marriage, but having a baby and sleepless nights and no time for herself takes its toll, when her husband Joe suggests she has a night to herself in a luxury hotel, Gracie says yes, but maybe she shouldn’t have.

Gracie Michaels arrives at the luxury hotel ready to rest, but maybe a bit of shopping and a drink at the bar first, it has been a while but when she is pulled into a conversation with a guy and one drink turns to two and the next thing she is waking up practically naked with a man in another hotel room, while trying to get way she sees something out of the window, something she wishes she had never seen.

Gracie leaves early and takes her time getting home to her husband and son, with many thoughts going through her mind, what will she do, if she says anything it will probably destroy her marriage, but what about what she saw is that person safe? So many questions, keeping everything to herself is best, but when the police are asking questions about a missing woman and Gracie is called in things heat up and then her son becomes ill and the truth must come out, will there ever be justice for what has happened?

I loved this twisty psychological drama, it is fast paced, and so edge of your seat suspense my heart was in my stomach with what Gracie was going through, and the decisions she made it is filled with intrigue and sadly things that happen too often, MS Orr has written this one with empathy and lots of research I would say, the characters are fabulous and come to life on the pages. I f you love a good twisty tale filled with lots of emotions then this is one to read, I do highly recommend it.

My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

5 stars
February 1, 2024 by HQ Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment