Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2024

A Shadow at the Door

 A Shadow at the Door

Jo Dixon



Reviewed by Helen


WOW this one was a one sitting read, there was no way I was putting it down till I got to the end, I have been eagerly awaiting Jo Dixon’s next book since I read her debut last year which I loved so much and she has nailed it again with a book filled with mystery, tension and wonderful characters and Hobart Tasmania is great setting, come along for the ride I am sure you will love it as much as I did.

Former TV star Remi Lucan has made herself a good life in Hobart, renovating the house that means so much to her after everything that has happened to her, the vicious attack and her divorce from her husband, leaving her career and wifely duties behind has been good for her and her beautiful home is nearly finished, if only she had more money to do so.

Her ex-husband Simon is putting the pressure on her to sell the house and pay him back what she owes, but Remi is desperate to keep her house, so desperate that she takes in a couple of borders, an older woman Josephine and a young woman Emerson, this is hard for Remi but needs must, but when there are a few things happening that are causing even more problems for Remi Josephine and Emerson decide to do some investigating, could there be someone behind these incidents, is someone out to get Remi and if so who?

Remi has always had one close friend, Luke and he is there for her always and as things get worse he arrives in Hobart to help as well, but who is doing these things to Remi, are her new borders involved, it is her ex and his new wife, who and then things heat up, are lives now in danger, will they discover who is behind it before it is too late?

This book has many twists and turns, so many people who could be the culprit, but who? I was tossing around guesses in my mind at each turn of the page, so many wonderful characters in this one, good and bad. I loved Remi she stayed strong throughout all that is and has happened to her, I was cheering her on. This is one that I highly recommend truly if you love a good mystery, thriller one that will keep you guessing then read this one.

Jo Dixon is now one of my favourite authors and I will eagerly be awaiting her next book.

My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my digital copy to read and review.

5 stars
January 1, 2024 by HQ Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment