Pages

Monday, June 27, 2022

Out of Breath

 Out of Breath

Anna Snoekstra



Reviewed by Helen


I did like this story although I thought it was a little slow at the start, I am not sure that I would call it a thriller, it started to move as I got closer to the end, the main character Jo Ainsley has come to Australia to escape England and her past, will she finally find peace and herself?

Jo is escaping to a new life, but things aren’t going as she would have hoped but she is not ready to return to England yet so to extend her stay in Australia she must work on a farm for eighty eight days, leaving Sydney she arrives in Broome Western Australia to work on a mango farm, the work is hard and her boss is different, but here she meets an American Gabe and hears about a different life, a life off the grid when a terrible accident has her running again, Jo finds herself at Rossack with a group of people who seem to be living a carefree life, but is it that.

At first life for Jo seems great, Ally who is the leader helps her with her past and Gabe is there and her feelings for him grow but then she discovers something that will change her life again and put her at risk as well as a couple of other people living here, she needs to run again, will she be safe and will she ever find happiness and put the past behind her?

The ending in this book is really good and fitting, I loved the setting in Broome and the old pearler’s camp and the free diving they all did in the beautiful ocean, staying here sees Jo come to terms with her past and now maybe she can move onto a better future. I did find it different with some great characters and I am sure that lots of people will love this one, it was a book that I needed to get to the end to find out what happened.

My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

3.5 stars
Expected publication: July 6th 2022 by HQ Fiction AU



No comments:

Post a Comment