Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2023

The Running Club

 The Running Club

Ali Lowe



Reviewed by Helen


I loved. Ali Lowe’s Trivia Night and wow I loved this one as well, Ali has a way with words that brings out the best and worst in her characters, this one is twisty, toxic at times and compelling as we get to know the members of the running club from the wealthy beach side town of Esperance, come along for the ride and see if you can guess what is happening.

Carole, Freya, Lotte and Shelby all live in Esperance and all know each other from their school days, but only Carole grew up in Esperance the others came from Shivers Beach the poorer side of the peninsular, but they are all in Esperance now and part of a running club, they are friends, or are they and Lotte and Shelby are twins, but I am not sure that I would like them to be my friends at times.

They all have secrets that could blow the lid off the small community and when one of them is murdered, the fingers start pointing to the culprit and why it has happened there seems to be a lot of people who had their reasons and as I turn the pages and read my mind goes in so many different directions, the twist at the end I didn’t see coming.

This book was so hard to put down it is compelling and gripping as I get to learn all of their personalities and how they meld together, how wealth and power can change people, these woman could be a force as they push and pull each other. I do highly recommend this one to any reader who loves a story that twists the characters relationships and keeps you up all night to the very ending.

My thanks to Hachette AU for my copy to read and review

5 stars

March 9, 2023 Hachette AU

No comments:

Post a Comment